TestimonialsI had the honor of having Lenny Warren, the owner of A1Reglazing in my house, not only did he do an amazing job on my tub, but he was very professional, very informative and you could tell he cares about each job he does. I called around to a lot of other reglazing contractors for estimates and I believe I picked the right company for the job. -John Osbourn Well at first I was a little worried about how my bathtub would turn out because it has been in my family for generations, but when they got to my house they explained everything that would happen in detail so that I would not worry. This tub is so spectacular that even my grandmother would be proud. -Tana Miller
... More Testimonials
We at A1 Reglazing are a trusted local business, that tries our hardest to make sure that everything we do is of the highest quality possible. We put in countless hours to make sure that you (The Customer) gets exactly what you want on-time. We do Fiberglass, Porcelain Tubs, Tiles, and Appliances all at reasonable prices!
Bathtub Reglazing is an inexpensive way to give you a quality look in your bathroom. We are professionals at what we do, and we do not cut corners in this trade. We do the job right the first time.
There are limitations to refinishing that are created by the location, dust particles in the air will fall, but the results are quite amazing!
Reglazing can last up to 40 to 50 years if it is taken care of, we will inform you on all the tips to keep your bathtub, and the rest of /any porcelain fixtures looking shiny and new.
If you choose to have us come refinish your tub, shower, tiles, countertops, or other units there are some important things you need to know:
- Timeframe: It will take us an average of 4 to 6 hours to complete the job, and it can be used 24 hours after we leave your home. We do not do the caulking, so about 4 hours after we leave you can caulk the tub, so that it’s ready to use the next day.
- Faucets: Please have any leaky faucets fixed before our arrival (or we will have to reschedule and charge you for show up time). We truly are a business that wants to save you money. I’ve always said, “If I am not saving people money then I won’t be making money!”
- Color: We will need to know what color you want your tubs or units glazed?
- Other work: If you’re doing any remodeling you will want to schedule us very last, after all your carpenters, tilers, plumbers, handymen, and Elvis have left the building.
- Do Not Caulk: The only thing you should NOT do is have them caulk around the bathtub/showers.
- Drain: We can at times get the drain out but if it is rusted in place, we just tape it off. If you want a new drain please have that done before our arrival as we are not licensed plumbers, but if the drain is in fine condition then we can just tape it off.
As far as scheduling we are about 1 to 2 weeks out, but if we get any cancellations we can move you up. There is a 1 year limited warranty on all of our work. The warranty covers adhesion to the tub, it does not cover chips, scratches, or abuse of any kind.
Customers that live on the island will be subject to a ferry charge plus mileage, for any repairs to the tub or unit.
Warranty InformationBeware of other companies that have outrageous warranties. Warranties are only as good as the guy that writes it, we pride ourselves on our quality of work and our warranty. A1 Reglazing offers an insurance for our finished jobs, which fully covers everthing for 10 years, and only costs $100 extra.
*Our warranty does not cover damages caused by the use of bath mats, which are not to be used on any reglazed surface.
Reglazing vs. Replacing
Replacement*Approximate Costs $750 - Demolition, removal & disposal
$350 - Cost of replacement tub
$350 - Plumbing
$450 - Tile setter
$250 - Flooring, carpentry, caulking, etc. $2,150 Total Replacement Cost
Reglazing*Approximate Cost $575 - Reglazing of tub
$575 Total Reglazing Cost
Facts & Information
- Reglazing can add up to 25 years of life to your bathtub
- Reglazing is approximately 75% less expensive than purchasing a new bathtub
- Usually only takes about 4 hours to complete the tub
- You can use your tub after 24 hours
- The etching step is the single most important step in preparing a tub for reglazing
- Our etching solution is EPA approved and is specifically made to open the pores in the tub to allow the sprayed on coatings to become part of the tub.
- By using bonding agents instead of an etching solution, the sprayed on coatings merely stick to the outside of the tub, which reduces the reglazed tub's life span.